Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hubby Tag!

Stacey tagged me and being as Trent is one of my five favorite topics I thought this would be fun. :)




1) Where did you meet? (the first time)
We were both in the same art class my Jr. year of high school. He was a Sr. and was siiting across the room from me. I noticed the cute boy with really pretty eyes. That was it for me I was in love. :)

2) How long did you date before you were married?
We were together for 3 and 1/2 years exactly the day we got married. It was only that long because he was on his mission for 2 of those years.

3) How long have you been married?
11 and 1/2 years next month.

4) What does he do that surprises you?
He loves me each and everyday. No matter what mood I am in, or what I put him through. And it is amazing to me.

5) What is your favorite feature about him?
His eyes. That was the first thing I noticed about him and I still can just stare into them and get lost.

6) What is your favorite quality about him?
His patience. My sister says that he has more patiance then one human being should be allowed. I think that it is very true.

7) Does he have a nickname for you?
He is the one who started calling me Brina. Growing up my nickname was Bree. But that is all. He doesn't use little pet names. :)

8) What is his favorite color?
Purple, if he had to choose.

9) What is his favorite food?
Bread and lots of it. lol

10) What is his favorite sport?
I think it would be chasing the kids around. Ok so maybe that isn't his favorite sport but it is the one he plays the most. lol (Trent isn't a sports kinda guy)

11) Who said "I love you" first?
I did. About 4 months before he told me. The first time he told me he loved me was the night before I was leaving for Hawaii for 2 months. Talk about timing.

12) When and where was your first kiss?
It was in November of '93 on the sidewalk in front of K-mart. We had been dating for about a month. My mom worked at K-mart at the time and I would walk up to the store everyday after school. Trent started walking with me after we started dating. So this day I decided to kiss him. So instead of hugging him which was what I normally did, I reached up and kissed him quickly and hurried off to the store. I didn't look back at him I was to embarrsed.

13) What is your favorite thing to do together?
Anything. As long as we are together anything is good.

14) How old is he?
33 in Dec.

15) Do you have any kids?
4 beautiful blessings

16) What is a hidden talent he has?
I think I would rather not share his hidden talent. ;)

17) What is his favorite type of music?
Not sure he has a favorite. He listens to lots of things.

18) What do you admire most about him?
Everything. He is the kindest, smartest, most wonderful person I know.

19) Do you think he is going to read this?
He checks the blog every once in awhile so he will see it sooner or later.

Baby I love you more than there are words to tell you!

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Yay! Brina I'm glad you did this! It was fun to read about more of how you met and your early life in dating. I thought I had to push Tyson to do stuff, I'm impressed you were the initiator for a lot of it and okay with it. If it were up to me, I would have kissed Tyson on our first official date. ;) Fun!

Ratliffs said...

I didn't know most of those things! Thanks for letting me peek into your life :). You were quite the daring lady, going in for the first kiss and the first I love you!!!

Brina said...

15 years later I can be ok with be the initiator but at the time I wasn't always ok with it. lol. I remember telling him that I was NOT asking him to marry me and it could not be assumed. I wanted a real proposal. So 3 weeks before with the wedding all planned and done, he proposed. :)

Torri said...

Well, I've been waiting for you to post yours, and you go and sneek it in when I'm not looking. I was hoping for more info I didn't know about you two, but no. I guess I knew you guys better than I thought. :)

Brina said...

Sorry to disappoint Torri. lol. If there is something you don't think you know you could just ask.