Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Edict from my 5 year old!


Two nights ago we had baked chicken, masked potatos, and green beans for dinner. My kids (like so many) are not happy when dinner consists of green things. The chicken and potatos were eaten without complaint. Now it was time for the boys to haggle on what portion of "these things" they had to eat. After the haggling was done and they were in the eating process Caden decided to law down the law and the following converstion is had:

Caden "Mama?"

Me "Yeeesss?" (I am asuming that more haggle is about to start)

Caden "Never bring green beans in the house again. They much us YUCK!"

Me "Oh you think so" The whole time I am laughing to my self.

So when I went shopping last week I bought a can of green beans ever though we still have some, just to show Caden that we will still be eating them. Kids are so funny sometimes.

4 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Hee hee! That's great! Nice try Caden! In our house, the potatoes and green beans would have been devoured and we would have haggled over how much chicken to eat! Kids are great!

Brina said...

We always put a large amount of the veggies we know they won't eat so that when they start the haggling they think they are getting off and we are happy with the amount being eaten. lol.

templework said...

LOL!

((HUGS))

Verity said...

Boy, can I relate to this. Seems like the only foods I don't have to "haggle" over are chicken nuggets, french fries, and cookies!