Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some days are better then others

After a very annoying appt across town, my mom, the kids and I were driving down China Lake toward Ward. Some guy pulled into the idiot lane behind me. So I said something about this guy is an idiot or something. I slowed down so he could go around me cause I wanted to get over to turn. He gets right beside me and starts flipping me off and pointing to the back of my car. Well we have a yes on 8 sticker still on our car. So I was like whatever. I mean it was a bit upsetting but people are stupid so whatever, right? So he turns onto Ward and I wait my turn and turn onto Ward. He is barely crawling in the right lane. So I get in the left lane and start to speed up cause I was afraid he was going to get in front of us or something
Well he is flipping us off the whole time and as I get close to him he swerves over in my lane and then turns in to a driveway right there. So mom tells me to turn around. So I go back and it is a parking lot for a day care. Mom calls the cops and tells them what just happened. Mom said she thought he was drunk. So they tell us to wait there and a cop is on the way and if the guy should leave watch which direction he goes. So we wait. The guy comes out with a little girl and goes and we wait Finally mom calls the police dept. again to see what it up and they tell her that the cops are with him right now. and he is drunk! They said they were sorry we sat there for so long but that was why a cop hasn't come yet. So we leave and a bit up the road we see flashing lights. So we drive up there and sure enough 3 cop cars and a women there to get the little girl. The dispatcher told mom thank you for getting a drunk driver off the road and he will be charged DUI, child endangerment, and attempting to hit us.

Hope everyone else had a better day!

4 comments:

templework said...

holy moly!
Soooooooo glad everyone is ok!!!

Stacey said...

I am so sorry you had to go through with that! But so proud of you for calling the police and doing the right thing! I am the type of person that would be more likely to brush it off as an idiot just being dumb because of my prop 8 sticker. Good call. I am so glad that you helped that little girl's safety, and the safety of all others on the road!

Verity said...

WOW! That is crazy! I'm glad you guys were okay!

Ratliff said...

So sorry to hear about this!! Glad it turned out okay though!