Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our first date.


15 years ago tonight Trent and I started offically dating. You can tell two things from this picture. A- I wasn't a member of the church yet, as you can tell by my dress and B- I was very nervous, as you can tell by the fact that he is still holding the corsage. Both facts that still embrass me today. lol Hard to believe it has been so long. We look so young. When we left that night my mom called my aunt and then my grandma to tell them that she had just meet her future son-in-law. Something that she loves reminding us about still. I guess it must have been written on us somewhere. My mom wasn't the only one in my family to see it. Anyway, here is us so many years ago not knowing what was in store for us, not knowing what we were starting, not knowing that an eternity of happiness was waiting. I think that is the strangest part. Remembering standing there, and not realizing that my future was standing right next to me. I was just trying not to look as nervous as I felt. lol Ok enough mushy stuff. :D

4 comments:

templework said...

OH! You are such a beautiful couple -
then AND NOW!
and you've increased your treasure with your sweet little munchkins too!!!

Happy First Date Anniversary!

((HUGS))

Ratliffs said...

Wow! Trent looks so different to me, but you look so much the same! So pretty!

Verity said...

Thanks for sharing--that is so sweet!

Stacey said...

So fun! You're a smart girl for holding on to Trent! I sure am grateful I held onto Tyson, those Ratliff boys sure are great guys!

P.S. I'm tagging you...check out my blog for instructions.