Monday, October 20, 2008

Boo at the Zoo!

This weekend we took the kids to the Chaffee Zoo in Fresno for Paige's 3rd birthday trip. The zoo does this thing called Zoo Boo. The kids can go trick-or-treating all around the zoo while seeing the animals. We left on Friday and went to my Aunt Carol's house to stay the weekend. Then Satruday evening we headed to the zoo. Vicki and my mom both went with. It was great fun to have both grandmas, Aunt Carol and my cousin Johnny go with us.

Here they are trick-or-treating.


Paige and this little goat in the petting zoo sure took a liking to each other


Most of the kids at the zoo were dressed in their costumes. All of us just wore Halloween shirts. Here are my boys in theirs.


Pretty waterfall. :)



There was a mantaray pool that we could touch the manta rays, sting rays, horseshoe crabs and a few little tiger sharks as they swam by. Caden wouldn't even put his hand in the water but he did like looking at the sharks. Tricia just wanted to splash the water, who cares what is in there. Rees and Paige tried to touch the manta rays but when Rees saw a shark coming he would grab me hand. "Mom get it out of there"


One of the zoo workers was "riding" this octrich around the zoo. It was really cute.


We really did have a great time. It was alot of fun for the kids to see all the animals. They liked seeing all the costumes and the trick-or-treating was a big hit.

P.S.
I will add some more pictures to my photobucket.

2 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to take the boys on Halloween! Cute shirts!

templework said...

Oh! What fun!

I love the goats! smile

Thank you for sharing the photos!