Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kids are amazing!

Last night the boys and I were standing outside watching the lightning and feeling the rain. Rees asked me if we could make it rain faster. I told him we couldn't do anything to the rain. Only Heavenly Father controls stuff like that. He asked if we could ask Heavenly Father to make it rain faster. I told him if he wanted he could. So he looked up and said out loud "Heavenly Father can you make it rain faster please?" Of course it didn't get any faster right away. Rees said "He didn't listen to me" I told him that Heavenly Father always listens but sometimes he can't answer us right away. So we stayed outside for about 30 minutes more when it did start raining harder. I said "Rees look" He ran out in the middle of the yard and started laughing. He looked up again and said "Thank you Heavenly Father". Besides being in awe of my son for his simple faith, it really made me think about what I should be thanking Heavenly Father for.

4 comments:

Ratliffs said...

Wow! Thanks Rees for that spiritual moment. What great faith our children have!

Stacey said...

Brina that is a simply beautiful story! Children really are the most wonderful miracle of all!

Verity said...

I LOVE that story!! So happy to read your blog--can I link you to mine??

Brina said...

Go ahead an link mine. That is fine with me.

I know I am a little silly but I get a bit teary eyed reading this again. lol