Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wild Horses

Last Thursday Caden got to go on a field trip to the BLM wild burro corrals. They watched a video on how the burros and mustange are caught and cared for. Then they got to go out and see some of the animals. The night before a foal was born and the kids were able to see him that morning. It was pretty exciting.


They also showed the kids were and how they give the horses vaccinations.


And how the horses hoof are cleaned and shoed.


Afterward they went to the park to have lunch and play for a bit. It was a fun day and Caden learned alot that he had a great time telling us when he got home. :)

2 comments:

Stacey said...

So fun! I love field trips, they are a highlight not only for the kids but teachers too!

Ratliffs said...

Sounds like a fun trip! My sister actually got a mustang from the BLM a couple of years ago. She is a very pretty horse!

Having grown up with horses all my life, I can say that having colts is my absolutely favorite part! I love them!