Friday, March 20, 2009

Jr. Olympics

Today Rees took part in his first Jr. Olympics. It is really strange to watch your kids doing things you remember doing. Jr. Olympics was always a fun time for my sister and I. We just really loved take part in all the events. Rees ran the 100 and 200 meter. He was suppose to do the running long jump but there was some confusion and he missed it. He was ok with that though. After he ran the 200, Trent went down to talk to him. Trent asked if he had fun. Rees said "No." Trent asked why Rees said "Because running makes me tired." He really is the sit and read or draw kinda kid. I was proud of him for giving it a shot though.

Here are a few pictures of his races.

This is him running the 100 meter.


This is him running the 200 meter.


My niece and nephew were also there doing their events. So all in all it was a fun morning watching the kids give it their best.

3 comments:

Ratliffs said...

I can't WAIT for all the sporting events that I'm sure are soon to come!! How exciting!

templework said...

Way to go Rees! Looking GOOD!!!
Super cheers for participating even when it isn't a favorite thing to do!
((HUGS))

Sami said...

Yay for Rees! I'm all about trying everything you can...or else how do you know if you really like it or not? I hope my kids are very active-trying out everything! (Easy for me to say now when I don't have kids ;)